Pot Roasted Cod With Chorizo & Chickpea Casserole
Cod and chorizo are a match made in heaven, pot roasting the fish like this is such a fantastic cooking method, it will ensure a deliciously moist piece of cod and it will also take on the flavours of the casserole as it cooks. This meal is one of Jack's one pot wonder recipes which makes it a great option for mid-week meals to feed the family without too much fuss. It's also a sure way to impress any guests you might have for your next dinner party. The class will be fun, interactive and informative and by the end of it you will hopefully have the knowledge to cook this dish again and again. Book now to secure your space.
- Casserole dish ideally but not essential as you could use a roasting tray covered with foil instead.
- 4 cod fillets (roughly 130g -160g each)
- 1 tin chickpeas drained (400 ml)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch saffron (optional)
- 2 white onions (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (grated)
- 1 red pepper (finely sliced)
- 1 red chilli (seeds optional, finely sliced)
- 6 cooking chorizos
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 100 ml white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 200 ml chicken stock stock cube is fine
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400 ml)
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g spinach leaves washed
- 200 g Kale
- squeeze of lemon juice
Pre Class Instructions
- Measure out all ingredients before starting. I
- It will also be beneficial if you have the vegetables chopped per instructions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!